In these days of migraines, allergy symptoms, and tiles being blown from our roof it’s easy to get a bit saddened. Add to that financial issues from a now longish-term illness preventing me from making any real income and it’s a down-right downer of a time.
But take heart, dear reader, because you never know when fortune will befall you and hard work will pay off.
- We have a fantastic week ahead full of fun, frolic and friendship that we’ll carry in our hearts for a long time.
- I’ve hit the “lost 10% of my flab” goal. I’ve got a long way to go, but am damned encouraged.
- My half-marathon training is coming along nicely. I will never win a race, but I will definitely finish it.
- Today I’m submitting paperwork that will create our very own small business, teensy even, in the hopes of generating income at home since I can’t get traditional employment until I can hopefully get my health issues better managed.
- And the best news of all? My father, sister and brother are 100% behind the publishing of my Mom’s short story. I’m giving myself two weeks to develop a good plan to move forward in the request for submissions, and will post details as soon as I have them. This is a passion project that I can’t wait to begin shaping.
Happy Friday, indeed!
4 replies on “Hard Work and Good Fortune”
DOUBLE RAINBOW?!?!?!? WHAT DOES IT MEAN??????
Sorry…couldn’t help myself. Still, congrats! I’m glad things are going well for you as of a few days ago. Best of luck with the short story market!
Thanks, P.C.! I’m very excited for my present and future projects. See you at Balticon!
I know you’ll accomplish your goals.
Best of luck,
Your biggest virtual nonrelated bloggity stalkgin coh- playing fan,
HA!, Thanks Stacy!